Pages

Friday, October 9, 2009

My Grandma Deschenes

BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH: One of the first mastectomies ever performed at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, NY, was performed on my Grandmother, Dianne Deschenes. She died a few years later.  I'm very proud and in awe of the strengh and courage (that I can't even imagine) she had to have had to allow them to remove both of her breasts - a procedure virtually unheard of and terribly, terribly risky back then. Thank you to her and every other women (and their families) who have gone through this ordeal since. Beacuse of you great strides have been made in the fight against breast cancer that otherwise may have been lost to us . You are all awesome women! And Grandma Deschenes, I am so very proud of you! All our love..........

No comments:

Post a Comment